Give me a character and I will answer:
- Why I like them - I like Lemongrab because he isn’t just a one-dimensional villain, at least in his earlier episodes. To quote Jesse Moynihan, "I don’t know what exactly is going on with him. The two times I’ve written for his character I’ve tried to play him as weirdly sympathetic. He does a lot of things wrong, but you can see that he’s trying to do what makes sense to him… I wanted the viewer to feel sympathy for him, or at least conflicted about his motivations." Not only that, but I can really relate to him in some ways. He was obviously meant to be autistic, and as an autistic person myself I can really understand his whole "I’m lonely but I don’t like people" thing.
- Why I don’t - I know I’ve said this before, but everything that happened with Lemongrab after “Another Five More Short Graybles” was, without a doubt, the suckiest writing decision in the entire show. Lemongrab wasn’t ever meant to be the villain. Getting rid of his quirky personality and relatableness and reducing him to a one-dimensional jerk face was a bad idea, guys. Really bad idea.
- Favorite episode (scene if movie) - "Mystery Dungeon," hands down. It’s my favorite episode even if we aren’t just talking about Lemongrab. I love how the writers brought together a bunch of obnoxious side characters and stuck them in a dungeon. It just worked.
- Favorite season/movie - Season 4 (after “You Made Me,” of course) because of how happy Lemongrab and Lemongrab 2 were together before shit went down in “Another Five More Short Graybles.”
- Favorite line - Trying to decide between "bye don’t follow me" and "who did the thing?!" I say both of those lines in my everyday life. Oh, and of course there’s "Unacceptable!" which is my text tone.
- Favorite outfit - Hmm, tie. Between his outfits in “Rock Bandits” and “Adventure Time Issue 24.”
- OTP - Lemongrab and Ice King
- Brotp - Lemongrab and Princess Bubblegum
- Headcanon - I don’t have any. Kinda surprising, considering he’s my favorite character.
- Unpopular opinion - Don’t have any of these either.
- A wish - I just want him to be happy and on friendly terms with the main characters. That is all.
- An oh-god-please-dont-ever-happen - I really, really, really hope he doesn’t die in “The Mountain.” If he does, I am actually literally going to flip a table and then profusely sob for days on end in a corner just like I did for the Tenth Doctor.
- 5 words to best describe them - Clueless, obnoxious, stubborn, misunderstood, sensitive.
- My nickname for them - I don’t have any cutesy pet names for him, sorry. But I do shorten his name to “LG” quite a lot, both in speech and writing.
Request a character here!